In lieu of the pending new year and all the resolutions that follow, I’d like to offer you my top 5 suggestions for making 2012 your healthiest year yet!
1. Eat Organic, nutrient dense food. Eat good healthy saturated fats like olive oil, nuts, grass-fed beef, pastured eggs (with the yolk!), full fat milk (non homogenized is best). Eat these foods daily. Some say our daily diet should be made up of 50-70% healthy fats. Keep your eyes out for my upcoming blog on the health benefits of saturated fats.
2. C.T.F.O. Take some time every single day to chill the bleep out! YOu deserve it, every one in your life deserves it. Take 5 minutes and chill out and check in. Breathe. Tune into your body, your emotions, your desires.
3. Focus on Feeling Good. Steer away from negativity and find the good in every moment. Stop focusing on what you don’t want and instead focus only on what you do want. Life is too short to be bogged down by negative “what if” thoughts. Live your life now and be happy. You deserve it!
4. Read Labels– no soy, no high fructose corn syrup, no added sugars, nothing processed. Do yourself and your health a favor and only eat naturally occurring foods. Steer clear of packaged and processed foods. Remember: if it sits on your counter and it doesnt go bad, dont eat it! Read more about this in my book, Chill Out and Get Healthy.
5. Exercise. The most popular New Years resolution–to exercise more. Well, just do it! And I don’t mean you have to get out there and do it every day (although, thats not a bad thing) but if exercise isn’t in your daily routine then start small. Baby steps. Make a commitment to go to the gym once or twice a week rather than saying to yourself you have to go every single day. Just say to yourself, “hey, make it to the gym once or twice this week… you can do it.” Start slow. Baby steps.
And, most of all: Be Kind To Yourself. Resolve to be kind to yourself and your health will just naturally become a priority…when you treat yourself and your body with kindness your health will flourish.
Have a wonderful New Year! And, I just want to say: Thank you for your wonderful support and dedication…it means the world to me!